Monday, September 21, 2020

write a song, make a note

I need to go to bed immediately, but today was good (albeit busy). I got up in time to meditate, journal, and write before work, which I count as a victory. Then I slogged all day, with a quick break for lunch and a break around five to make some oatmeal for the rest of the week + take care of tings around the house + eat a funfetti cupcake from my freezer (it was practically as good as fresh, especially since I had frosting in the fridge). Then I did a bit more work because I had to.

But I stopped around 7:30 for a most unusual reason - Lisa, who reported to me years ago, happened to be in Denver with her fiance, so they came over with their dog and some takeout so we could enjoy some backyard time. It was awesome to see her, and we went deep on life, politics, blockchain, venture capital, chance meetings at Barnes and Noble, etc. We had a really fun night in the middle of the apocalypse, and it was over too soon....

But now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: