Monday, September 14, 2020

baby we're a dying breed

The less said about today, the better...Mondays in the apocalypse are particularly bleak and brutal. But I got up and journaled before work, and my coffee was good, so at least there was that. I had a relatively light day today, so I snuck out in the late morning to run to Boulder to pick up my contacts...I had ordered them three weeks ago and kept waiting to see if my glasses would show up too, but today I finally gave up and needed the contacts. So of course, after driving forty minutes each way, I got a call two hours later saying that my glasses are in :( They may have to keep them, because I may never go to Boulder again.

After that errand, I picked up lunch at Garbanzos (a Mediterranean fast casual place that is v similar to Chipotle, but with yellow rice instead of cilantro rice, and hummus instead of guac, and feta instead of jack, and tzatziki instead of sour cream). on the way home and ate it on my patio. Then I slogged the rest of the afternoon/early evening before talking to Katie and also talking to my mom (and also talking to Jessica because I accidentally called her, but it was a delightful accident). And I exchanged texts with Ritu about someone who looks like Brad Pitt wearing a fake fur jacket, which is my favorite kind of text. And I ordered fancy takeout pasta from Bar Dough because I didn't feel like cooking (see: Monday).

But now, all of that is behind me and it's time for bed - goodnight!


No comments: