Sunday, September 13, 2020

you know i love the past 'cause i hate suspense

I had a pretty decent day, mostly because I indulged my desire to completely geek out over reorganizing my pantry. This was perhaps not the most important thing that I needed to accomplish, but it felt good to do it. When I got up this morning, I messed around the house for awhile, trimmed my bangs, showered, etc., and then made some spaghetti bolognese for lunch. Then I drove to Staples to pick up a label maker that I ordered this morning - it's probably kind of shocking that I didn't already own a label maker, given my tendencies. I do label things quite a bit, but I usually use washi tape and a sharpie. However, I decided to give in to my genetics and get a label maker, which was quite exciting.

So I came home and tore my pantry apart just in time to take a break and talk to Lauren (aka Subz) and Terry. We had much to catch up on, so it was great to talk to them. Then I paused the pantry project to make dinner - I tried a sesame chicken stir-fry from my Burma Superstar cookbook, along with some brussels sprouts that were patiently waiting to rot in my fridge. The chicken turned out pretty well - it really just made me want the orange chicken from Panda Express, but it was really tasty nonetheless.

Then I spent the rest of the evening messing around with my pantry; everything that belongs in the pantry is now put away, but I have to tidy up some stuff that needs tossed / put in the basement / put somewhere else. That, however, is a problem for tomorrow - right now I need to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: