Friday, September 11, 2020

i've got my orange crush

Happy birthday to me! Luckily I have a lot of experience with celebrating birthdays in the midst of national tragedy, so it was a pretty good day all in all. I got up in time to meditate and talk to my parents before work, and then I slogged from 9 to 4 (with a break for some leftover chili and a cupcake). I didn't have many meetings, so I was able to get actual work done, which was nice. And while I was working I got many texts/emails from various friends and family, which certainly brightened the day.

Then, around 5:30, Katie came over and we had a lovely few hours on my back patio. I opened a v fancy bottle of wine that I'd bought a lifetime ago (okay, eighteen months ago, on my wine weekend with the shedletskys), and we ordered food from the Mexican restaurant down the street, and it was a perfect evening. Fall is definitely in the air, but my outdoor blankets were up for their first job of the season, so Katie and I were able to hang out in comfort.

And now, I think I shall go to bed and see what tomorrow brings - goodnight!

No comments: