Wednesday, September 23, 2020

we're cut from a stained glass mountain

Today was lovely, all in all, but I need to get off my laptop immediately. I slept just late enough that I wasn't able to write this morning, but I did meditate and journal and make some perfect coffee (and wash my hair), so it could have been worse. Then I had meetings most of the day - some of them were more important than others, but I got through all of them. I also had some time to do some actual work, and I was pretty productive with that time (unlike some days, when I squander it)....and I did that work while sitting on my patio, since I want to take advantage of the still-warm days before autumn hits in earnest.

So, work was decent. But it bled straight into a 90-minute class (literally no break between my meeting that ended at five and my class that started at five). I can't remember if I mentioned that I reconnected with Alyssa, my old trainer, whom I have always adored? She's moved most of her business online and is doing a six-month group coaching class around neurology, fitness, nutrition, etc., and I decided to #treatyoself to some coursework instead of another bottle of wine (jk, my quarterly bottles from Grgich showed up today too).

Tonight was the first class, and so far so good - we'll see how it goes, but it was kind of nice to force myself out of work mode (although the lack of break in between meant it was hard to concentrate - I'm going to have to put in a buffer going forward). After class, I reheated some leftover chicken and wild rice soup (yum), messed around on my phone, painted my toenails, and finally ordered a Kitchenaid mixer approximately fifteen years after y'all would have expected me to have one (thanks for the gift and the nudge to get it, Aunt B!). So I predict a lot of gluten free baking experiments with #quarantinechef...and if the gluten free baking goes nowhere, I also ordered the meat grinder attachment, so there might be sausage in my future (that's what she said).

And now, on that weird note, I'll see myself out and go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: