Saturday, September 26, 2020

heat waves been faking me out

Today was more social interaction than I feel like I've had in ages, even though it was probably less when compared to the endless time I spend in meetings. I got up around eight, puttered around my kitchen, and made a v. tasty frittata for breakfast for the next few days. Then I showered and sped (or crawled - construction was terrible) down to my friend Barbara's house. I hadn't seen her in a few weeks, so it was indescribably delightful to get together with a writer friend. We socially distanced in her backyard and eventually ordered lunch, all while talking about a wide variety of topics, and I could have stayed twice as long. And I left with some irises she'd dug up for me to plant, so I need to block out some time to indulge my green thumb soon.

Then I drove home, and as soon as I got here I had a video call with the friendship renewal crew (Joann, Jen, and Jane). I was 30min late due to traffic, which then made it awkward that I had to drop off early - we were going deep on a variety of topics, but Katie came over and I had to bounce.

So, Katie and I hung out in my backyard for a few yours, and it was perfect. There's something v. lucky about having a close adult friend who knew you throughout childhood, and we def went deep on Iowa tonight. We also ordered Indian takout, drank boulevardiers, and daydreamed about the fire pit I plan to install in my back yard.

But now, I'm falling asleep (and have been for awhile), so it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: