Sunday, January 09, 2022

all night long writing poems to california, melodies of failure and the people i have thrown away

I had a surprisingly productive day and didn't let the Sunday Scaries get me, so I'll take it. I spent the morning journaling, planning, and drinking coffee, along with some reading of the course material from the N.K. Jemisin Masterclass that I watched part of yesterday. Then I did a ton of housework - I realized that I basically didn't do any housework post-August, since my dad was in the hospital, I had my surgery, and as soon as I recovered from my surgery I went to Tahoe/SF and then spent the rest of the year in Iowa.

So I cleaned out my pantry and tossed some expired things, and I mopped the floor since it was getting grimy. I also washed my sheets, took out a bunch of trash and recycling, cleaned up dining room office (aka the day job office), and did some tidying in my upstairs office (aka the writing office). I feel a lot better when things are organized, so those tasks made me happy; I still need to get a grip on my bathroom and cosmetics situation since I know I have a lot of expired stuff (if I haven't worn it since I last went into the office regularly, it's probably done). But this was all a worthwhile endeavor.

Then, I talked to [censored] as he wrapped up his drive home. I also talked to my parents, although we didn't have a lot to discuss since none of us are getting out and doing things. Then I ate the last of my leftover salmon before having an extended friendship renewal call with Joann, Jane, and Jen - they were all supposed to come out here next weekend for a girls' weekend to make up for the trip to Glenwood Springs that we canceled two years ago, but with omicron on the rise, we decided to cancel again. A virtual call isn't nearly the same, but at least we got to catch up.

And now, I'm going to unwind and go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: