Wednesday, January 12, 2022

just a quiet prayer for congo square

Apologies for the lack of blog last night, but you didn't miss anything - I've mostly been working, or attempting to force myself to work even though everyone's energy is off right now and a bunch of people are out for various covid-related reasons. Today was more of the same - I did take a break in the middle of the day to pick up groceries and wash my car, but that was the extent of the excitement.

This evening, I cooked, but I didn't get to enjoy the fruits of my labors yet; I have a friend coming over tomorrow (unless one of us has covid), and I'm making eggplant parmigiana. To save myself time tomorrow since I have meetings until five, I spent some time tonight making the tomato base + frying the eggplant, so tomorrow I can just assemble and bake it. I also had to do some day job stuff tonight to make up for the fact I took a break this afternoon, and then I messed around looking at pajamas online because what I need more of is clothes that admit defeat and say that I'll be stuck in my house forever.

And now, on that cheerful note, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: