Sunday, January 02, 2022

the future sounds so crazy, we all heard that song before

I had intended to be somewhere in Nebraska tonight, but when I woke up this morning, I decided it was too cold to drive across the frigid tundra (or, more pertinently, to load my car, which requires doing it outside because my garage isn't conducive to loading inside). Also, I still had quite a few things I wanted to get done here. So, I stayed in Iowa today, and I mostly spent it organizing, cleaning, and packing. I also took care of an errand at the world-famous Round Barn, which took longer than I planned, but it was quite fortuitous that I took care of it when I did because I walked into the basement of the big house and discovered a broken pipe spraying water, which was freezing as it ran down the basement wall. Luckily it doesn't appear that anything was too damaged, and [censored] was able to turn off the water, but I'm glad we went there when we did.

sssanyway, I also went to my parents' briefly to check in and say goodbye, and then I spent the rest of the evening digging out part of my driveway so I can leave, eating nachos with [censored], and finishing packing. Tomorrow I have to load my car, clean out the fridge, and do a few other tings, but I'm hoping to be out of here by eight (which probably means nine). But that requires going to bed immediately, so I think I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: