Monday, January 31, 2022

guess i gotta go and get famous for doing nothing

First day back at work and I didn't exactly have a case of the Mondays, but I'm definitely suffering from some post-covid exhaustion. Today wasn't all that bad, though - I got some work done, and I enjoyed my coffee, and I had leftover fish chowder for lunch. I met with Alyssa at the end of the day, and she determined that my breath is still way too shallow - I'm not noticing it, but I can't fill my lungs as deeply as I should be able to. So, I'm going to ease into some stretches and breathing exercises this week, and we'll see how that progresses.

After I talked to Alyssa, I was really tired and should have taken a nap, but instead I ran (well, drove) down the street to my favorite cheese shop to get some supplies, since it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Then I came home, ordered Thai takeout, waited for it, and was v. disappointed when the order got canceled right as I was expecting it to arrive. So I ordered different Thai takeout via a different app, and when it finally arrived it was quite tasty.

I had intended to write or do something else moderately productive tonight, but I'm too wiped out - so I put on my pajamas and finished reading CIRCE by Madeline Miller. It was a total delight - I'm a sucker for Greek mythology anyway, and this retelling was excellent (and very much about humanity, even if the main character was a goddess).

And now that I'm done with that, I think it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: