Thursday, January 13, 2022

back alley kid with an american face

Today went much more smoothly than I might have expected it to since I slept through my alarm this morning. But I still got up at 8ish, and since my first meeting wasn't until 9:30, I forced myself to make coffee quickly, then wrote for 30min before taking a v. abbreviated shower and doing my makeup in a similarly abbreviated fashion.

I had a lot of meetings today, since people are reluctantly getting back to work (but also had a couple of meetings canceled because people aren't really in it to win it yet). I took a walk during one of my canceled meetings, which was delightful - I haven't been leaving the house enough, but it was sixty degrees today, which was as perfect as it could be.

When my last meeting ended, I went straight into food prep - I made an eggplant parmigiana, which I was just finishing the construction of when my friend Sara arrived. Actually, awkwardly, a door-to-door solicitor from Greenpeace arrived about a minute before her, and I had to shoo them away in an abrupt fashion.

Sara and I hung out for a few hours - I had some cheese and snacks to eat while we waited for the meal, and then the eggplant dish itself was pretty perfect. After she left, I read a bit, and then started to fall asleep sitting up, so I should probably take that as a sign to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: