Wednesday, January 26, 2022

lonely water, lonely water, won't you let us wander

I'm feeling better, but I may have slightly overdone it today. I actually sat at my work setup (my dining room, not my writing desk) for the first time since I got sick, and I put on eyeshadow and a slightly dressier outfit in deference to the meetings I had today. However, I took too many meetings (in which several people helpfully mentioned that I still sound congested), and I was completely wiped out by the end of them.

But the day wasn't all grim - I did get up and write for just a little bit before work, which was delightful. I had leftover enchiladas for dinner, and I had pho for lunch, so at least I ate some tasty things (and my taste buds seem very unaffected). Some fantastic writer friends sent me flowers, which are exactly what I need. And I ended the day by spending some time reading SWEEP IN PEACE, the second book in the magical innkeeper series that I started last week - it's only 9pm, and I'm not ready to go to bed yet, but I am perhaps ready to crawl into bed and read a few more chapters before making myself go to sleep earlier than usual. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: