Monday, January 10, 2022

i know i said i never loved you, but i might just try again tonight

Today was a pretty good day at work, if you ignore one incredibly frustrating 30min block and focus on the whole rest of the day (note: ignoring frustrations is not my strong suit). I also wrote for a solid chunk of time before work, which felt great - I put into practice some of the stuff I listened to in a Masterclass this weekend, so I mostly messed around with worldbuilding for my story, and it was a great use of time.

I also wore red lipstick and a real shirt (one that requires a bra) (although I did wear yoga leggings underneath), and I had leftover chicken enchiladas for lunch, so it's no wonder my mood was pretty solid. At the end of the day, I worked out with Alyssa; this mostly involved stretching and some kettlebells, plus some movements so she could see whether / how my abdomen has healed post-surgery vs. whether I'm still favoring anything in that area.

Then I messed around online, made some beef and black bean chili (my go-to pantry meal), messed around some more, and ultimately read a couple of chapters of THE DAWN OF EVERYTHING, which is so far a really interesting read about the advent of human civilization. It also made me briefly hate-remember some of my freshman SLE classes, so I texted Claudia to reminisce (fun fact for those of you not in the know: Claudia and I met as freshman roommates in the same liberal arts residential program at college, but Claudia dropped the program after the first quarter because she knew what was up).

And now, I should perhaps sleep - goodnight!

2 comments:

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

Deleted a comment about the book referenced in the blog post bc a quick search showed the identical comment had been posted, under different names unlinked to any account, across multiple blogs that mentioned the book in the last six months. Bye bot!