Sunday, January 16, 2022

the god of maine proclaims the last evacuation of the dream

I wasn't feeling all that great today - and in the year 2022, it's impossible to tell if it's malaise caused by news of covid, or malaise caused by covid itself. I tested negative yesterday, so I'm hopeful that it's just general 2022 malaise. But I still took it as an excuse to do absolutely nothing today - I haven't been sleeping enough, and I haven't been relaxing enough, so I decided that's basically all I would do.

So, I drank coffee, messed around online, and did a little laundry because I couldn't totally relax even when telling myself to relax. At some point, I took a nap; I also took a shower, and those things combined were pretty great. And I talked to my parents - my mom seems to be recovering from whatever she had after Christmas, and my dad's foot is still on the mend, so hopefully they continue to do well.

Right as I got off the phone with my mom, my takeout Mexican food arrived - I could have / should have eaten leftovers, but I was craving enchiladas and rice and beans and queso, so that's exactly what I got. I decided I didn't have the energy or attention span to watch a two-hour movie...so instead, I watched four hours of The Witcher. Ha. The first half of the second season is quite enjoyable, even if I do have to have captions on so that I can understand when Henry Cavill is grunting vs. when he's actually saying something.

Luckily, I have tomorrow off, so I can either get things done or I can finish bingeing The Witcher (it's anyone's guess!). For now, I'm going to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: