Monday, January 03, 2022

if you're a fly gal, get your nails done

I'm back in Denver for the first time in many weeks (not counting the three-hour layover I had here on the way back from Hawaii in mid-December). Today was a v. long day - I had to load my car, close up my house, and drive 10.5hrs to get here. But I was v. efficient in the drive - I stopped for gas three times (Mt Ayr, IA; Gothenburg, NE; Keenesburg, CO) and one rest stop, but otherwise subsisted on two travel mugs of coffee + a cooler with a sandwich and coke zero + a bunch of popcorn.

Along the way, I alternated between music and podcasts - I'm still loving SmartLess (Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Sean Hayes), and I listened to them talk to Sandra Bullock, Woody Harrelson, and Jimmy Fallon. I also listened to several Brené Brown podcasts, including a two-parter with the guy who wrote Atomic Habits, which may make me read that book. Overall it was an efficient way to get through ten hours of driving, but I came into my house and promptly felt like collapsing.

I did, however, unload most of my car so that things won't freeze, and I forced myself to drink some water and check tomorrow's schedule. I have to go back to work tomorrow for the first time since Dec 6, and it's unclear how brutal that reentry will be - I have too many meetings tomorrow, but it may be easier for me to talk to people to find out what I missed, so I guess I'll take it.

And now, I'm going to try to be in bed by 10pm so I can get a solid night's sleep before tomorrow begins - goodnight!

No comments: