Saturday, January 01, 2022

i fly or i fall

Happy new year part two! Today was a v. lazy day - we got several inches of snow in Iowa, so I holed up inside and did just about nothing (which was exactly what I needed). That meant getting up at ten, making coffee, cleaning and reinking a fountain pen, etc. At some point I eventually showered, but that didn't happen until 1:30pm. Then I watched the rest of the Iowa State / Baylor basketball game - the Cyclones are shockingly good this season given that last year was the worst year in school history, but it wasn't quite enough to overcome the #1 team in the country.

However, while the game was exciting, I was more excited about making a perfect plate of nachos using some cheese I had liberated from my parents' house yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon messing around, although [censored] and I did accomplish two important tasks: mounting the TV and putting up drapes in the living room. This means that we can watch TV in comfort + that we can close the blinds instead of putting up an elaborate array of boxes and styrofoam to block the big bay window ([censored] understandably doesn't like people driving down one of the main roads in town to be able to see straight into the window at night).

Eventually, I made chili for supper (verdict: great but I made it slightly too spicy), and then [censored] and I watched 'The Matrix Resurrections'. It was a real trip - I have deep nostalgia for the original trilogy, and I really enjoyed how they brought it back and twisted it in new ways. So, that was a nice way to end a lazy day, although I'm not ready for this to be the end of my extended break.

But now, I need to sleep - I have to load my car and take off sometime tomorrow, which means sleep is probably important. Goodnight!

No comments: