Wednesday, January 19, 2022

i can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire

I'm still sick; perhaps this blog will become a plague journal like so many great plague journals that have gone before. I don't know that I'm any worse, necessarily, than I was yesterday - but my throat is sore enough that it makes it hard to sleep, so I'm tired and cranky and generally over it.

This meant that I didn't read a book, which is what I should have done - I mostly just alternated between napping, snacking, and doom scrolling, with a little journaling thrown in for the hell of it. I also did a wee bit of day job stuff tonight - that definitely wasn't what I wanted to do, but someone else on my team is also sick and so a thing that's due tomorrow is dangerously close to slipping through the cracks, and so I decided I should probably do something about it.

And now, I'm going to crawl into bed and see if I can sleep for more than two hours in a row before my throat wakes me up (or before I have to pee because I drank too much water / tea to keep my throat soothed today). Goodnight!

No comments: