Monday, January 17, 2022

with their lips on fire and your head unscrewed

I had the day off today, and since I'm still not feeling well, I spent it indulging in not-feeling-well things. That meant that I spent the morning drinking tea and journaling, which was pretty relaxing. I also ordered Instacart groceries, mostly so I could get ice cream (success - I never eat ice cream, but it felt like something I should have today) and orange juice (not a success - they subbed 'light' orange juice for regular, which is an abomination of stevia). But the ice cream was worth it and I got some fresh Emergen-C packets, so all in all it was worth it.

I didn't do much this afternoon, either - I took a nap at some point, which was great. And I spent the evening reading a whole book in one sitting - Ilona Andrews' MAGIC BITES, which came out forever ago and I somehow never picked up. It's relevant to the type of world I might be building with my new project (a fledgling thing that is picking up steam, but I'm still deep in worldbuilding mode and trying to figure out how to shape it). Like I said, I read it in one sitting, with a break to eat some leftovers and another break to talk to [censored]. The book was great, and now I want to glom on to more of the series.

And perhaps that will happen tomorrow - I called in sick and canceled almost all of my meetings, hoping that more sleep will help me recover faster. We shall see, we shall see. I don't feel like death, which is an improvement over most colds I get, but I'm definitely congested and I don't want it to get worse. And with that in mind, I should probably go to bed rather than staying up late as is my instinct. Goodnight!

No comments: