Monday, February 14, 2022

back to the lab again, yo, this whole rhapsody

I had two big presentations today, which is unusual because I haven't had big presentations in awhile due to various work changes and challenges. I must have been out of practice, and I must have been amping myself up for my new VP (whom I know, so it's not that bad), and maybe my post-covid heart is still just a little more likely to beat faster, because my Fitbit thought I got 96 minutes of exercise today 😂. I did not, as it turns out, get 96 minutes of exercise. But my presentations went well, and I'm happy that they're over.

In between presentations, I had lunch with [censored] since he worked from here today before heading back to his real home for the week. And at the end of the day, I changed into non-work-clothes and met with Alyssa. It was weird to wear 'real' work clothes, since I wore jeans and a nice shirt and a sweater/blazer that I used to wear regularly at work and haven't worn in two years - overall it felt good, but it also felt good to switch into leggings and a hoodie.

After I talked to Alyssa, I wrapped some things up, took my trash out, and ate dinner. I'd had the foresight to bake a potato while talking to Alyssa, so my supper was a baked potato with pulled pork and nacho cheese - not my usual dinner, but it was completely delicious. I may need to buy and roast another pork butt just to freeze single portions for future use - I froze a bit tonight, but it's tasty enough that I could see it going with a variety of meals.

Then, I spent the evening mostly vegging out and watching the Olympics, since I don't have the brain power for anything else. And I think I shall go to bed soon - goodnight!

No comments: