Tuesday, February 08, 2022

switch triple cork eighteen hundred

I had a weird day. For the most part, it was because I was in a bad mood, and also tired, which made it hard to focus. I did get some writing done in the morning before work, and I snuck out in the middle of work to buy paint. Paint is still v. hard to come by, but luckily one of the colors I need (for [censored]'s bedroom) uses a darker base, and so Kent had enough paint for that even though he's completely out of the pastel base needed for the colors I would get for the rest of the house.

sssanyway, the rest of my day was sort of fine, sort of annoying. It got better when I left my house and went to my parents', where I hung out for awhile and then made supper. I had a leftover batch of bolognese sauce in my freezer from when I was here in December, so I took that with me and made spaghetti and garlic bread. It was pretty tasty overall, and now I need to make another big batch of sauce so I can freeze it for future evenings.

I came back to my place around 8:30, and happily I didn't get rabies - before I left, there was a massive fight between two big raccoons on our back patio, which was not something you really want to walk into. I spent a bit of time installing my new air fresheners - I deeply judged how many air fresheners the previous owner had and I threw them all away because they gave me a headache, but that made it clear that there's a smell issue that necessitated the air fresheners. [censored] and I are still debating the source, but in the meantime, I got some fancy smart diffusers that can be programmed for when they're on/off, can be used as nightlights, can switch between scents, etc. I'm sure Marvin would be unimpressed by me buying smart air fresheners to make my house smell like Anthropologie (literally - one of the scents I got is the signature scent used in Anthropologie stores), but so far I find it much better than an assorted pack of Glade fresheners competing with each other for dominance.

sssanyway, then I turned on the Olympics and did a couple of hours of work that I should have done this afternoon. And now I need to sleep since I have unusually early meetings tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: