Sunday, February 13, 2022

he opens his mouth, but the words won't come out

I need to go to bed right now; the Sunday Scaries hit hard today, and I need to give two presentations at work tomorrow, so I should probably get some rest. But today was otherwise good - I got up in time to put a pork butt in the oven, where it roasted for approximately nine hours, and it was totally perfect for supper.

Then [censored] and I spent a lot of time discussing possible renovations to my Iowa house - I shouldn't do everything I want to do because property values here aren't exactly skyrocketing and I don't want to completely overinvest, but I have also accepted that I'm going to make a nice kitchen because I cannot stand the kitchen I currently have and like cooking enough to invest there. We also spent twenty minutes planning out how we would paint the staircase next weekend before agreeing that there's absolutely no way we'll paint the staircase next weekend, so that was a relief.

At some point in the afternoon, I did a bit of writing, and I also took a tiny nap. We went out to mom and dad's for supper - Mom made scalloped potatoes and baked beans to go with the pulled pork, which made for a v. tasty meal. Then we came back to my place, and I watched the end of the Super Bowl + Olympics coverage. And now, sleep is imperative - goodnight!

No comments: