Friday, February 18, 2022

you and me together through the days and nights

I took today off, but I'm still super tired - I stayed up way too late watching the Olympics last night, and I had to get up this morning to meet my mom and go to the next county over to run some errands. I met her at the secondhand store in town since she was there for a different activity, and I ended up spending $15 to basically outfit my whole kitchen (okay, that's an exaggeration, but I got two platters, a pretty serving bowl, and five glasses, so it was a good deal).

Then we drove east, where our first stop was an appointment to look at cabinets and finishes for my kitchen. I think I have a good idea of what I want to do from a cabinetry standpoint, but I need to think some more about other finishes - but I'm hopeful I can kick off the project this summer. I may have to fire the designer, though, because she told me I'm turning into my mom (she designed my mom's kitchen in 2007 and I am apparently planning to pick the exact same style, although I'm planning to go lighter with the wood and different on the hardware). I like my mom's kitchen, so turning into her isn't the end of the world, but hopefully I can maintain some fanciness/travel that my mom doesn't embrace.

Then, we went to Walmart, where I stocked up on many things (and I discovered they have fresh tomatillos in their produce section, as well as a wide variety of peppers, which is game changing). We also went to Fareway and I bought a lot of meat for my freezer, so all in all it was a great excursion.

After that, I dropped my mom off (and ate leftovers there), then came to my house, put things away, tried to take a nap, and instead talked to [censored]. Then I went back to my parents' house to help my mom repot a monstera that was out of hand. I had originally planned to have supper with them, but I was super tired, so I came back to my place, spent some time prepping to do some painting tomorrow, did some dishes and laundry, and watched some Olympics. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: