Saturday, February 12, 2022

many days fell away

I'm too tired to blog and meant to go to bed an hour ago. Today was partially good, partially rough - I got up earlier than I wanted to and drove up to the town where I'm getting my carpet so that I could look at remnants of stuff they have on hand for my front entryway. No one uses the front door, and the previous owner had carpet all the way up to it, but it would be better to have some sort of hard surface. So, that was a worthy errand, and I have some samples here to look at this weekend.

Then I came home, did some work, snuck out again to buy some more paint, and then slogged without break until around six p.m. At that point, I went to my parents' house, where my mom served pizza surprise (so named because of the night when we had 'surprise, it's not pizza' in Ukraine many years ago). Then I came back to my place, tidied up some stuff, and watched a ton of Olympics. [censored] showed up at some point and hadn't seen any Olympics so far this year, but within an hour was just as invested in the end of the mixed snowboard cross relay as I was. It was v. exciting, and overall a nice way to relax for the evening.

And now, I really desperately need to sleep - I need to do some work tomorrow, and I also need to cook, and I also want to paint, and clearly I can't do everything. Goodnight!

No comments: