Wednesday, February 23, 2022

she knows it's too late as she's walking on by

I had a long day but I'm happy enough with what got done. I had to work, which was less onerous than usual due to "no meeting week" (which meant I had 2.5hrs of meetings instead of seven), and the schedule allowed me to get some actual work done. I also spent time 'supervising' the carpet installation - this continues to be a v. entertaining process, mostly because of the conversation happening around the carpet installation. But despite the amount of talking, they're making fast progress - they will likely be done tomorrow instead of Friday, since they only have to do my bedroom and the guest room tomorrow.

Other than that, I worked all day. After work and carpet were over, I spent some time touching up [censored]'s bedroom - the paint looked great, but since we went dark it was less forgiving in terms of places where the original (dingy) light color was still visible right against the trim. But I was able to fix all of that tonight, and I celebrated by eating the pizza that [censored] picked up. Then, I spent the evening dealing with house tings, moving things from my room to my office so that they can carpet in here tomorrow, helping [censored] move all his stuff from the guest room back into his bedroom, etc. I also, of course, obsessed over the news out of Ukraine, which is really not looking good.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: