Sunday, February 20, 2022

faster higher stronger together

Today was productive, although I still have a lot I want to do around here - but I got up, made coffee, finished doing some prep work, made eggs, and eventually [censored] and I painted his room. We didn't get the ceiling yet, since we need wall paint to dry before we can tape it and hang plastic to protect it (trust us, this is the best method we've found for spraying) - but the walls look fantastic. [censored] would prefer to sleep in a tomb if at all possible, but as a compromise went for a nice medium-deep blue that complements the rest of the house while being dark enough to suit [censored]'s tastes. I'm delighted with how the color turned out, and I'm looking forward to getting the ceiling done tomorrow.

While we were painting, we also made a list of many possible house projects (too numerous to list). And I roasted another pork shoulder throughout the day - it took a solid nine hours, but that involved less than ten minutes of hands-on time today (plus a lot more time than that to shred seven pounds of meat). I'm intending to freeze most of it, but it made for a good supper tonight - I took it out to my parents' house, and my mom contributed scalloped potatoes and a salad to the cause. Then [censored] and I came back to my house and I watched the Olympics closing ceremonies - I'm always sad for the games to end, but it's time for me to get back to my regularly scheduled life.

And now, I should sleep so that I can accomplish a million things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: