Monday, February 07, 2022

grey clouds roll over the hills

I'm falling asleep while sitting up in bed typing this, so I think it's time to sleep. Today was good, though -  I got up early enough to get ready before my first errand of the day. My errand didn't involve me going anywhere - instead, a woman came over from the next county over to measure my kitchen and discuss new cabinets. She's the same woman who designed my parents' kitchen and other cabinetry when they built their house fifteen years ago, so she knows what she's doing and was great to chat with. And I'm pretty excited to design a kitchen from scratch (albeit within the constraints of Marvin's previous strange choices), so we'll see how that goes.

After that, I had to work until five (with a break for a bologna sandwich, lunch of champions), and then I had a call with Alyssa. And then I went out to my parents' house for dinner - it was last night's leftovers + some leftover ham balls that I made at Christmas, so that was all tasty. And I got to see the prices / plans from my parents' kitchen, since my mom saved it all - so I look forward to finding out just how much more expensive cabinets are now.

Then I came to my house and should have done some work or watched Olympics coverage, but I mostly looked at house stuff and dozed off a bit. So now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: