Sunday, February 06, 2022

i can tell that we are gonna be friends

I'm safely ensconced in (one of) my bedrooms in ye olde Iowa, fully unpacked and set up for the week ahead. This took most of my energy - since I made it to Lincoln last night, I got into town around eleven, even with a stop for McDonald's in Shenandoah and another stop for gas. I talked to [censored] for a bit, unloaded some tings, and eventually took a nap since I needed to rest my still-recovering-from-covid body.

Then, I went out to my parents, where I hung out for a bit. I also went to the grocery store so I would have food for this week, she's unloaded most of the rest of my car. Then I went back to my parents' house for a few hours - my mom made pork steaks using an old family recipe, and gluten free mac and cheese that is definitely not an old family recipe but is still excellent.

Eventually, I came back to my house and spent the evening getting settled. My clothes are all unpacked, my desk is set up, and I have all the ingredients for coffee tomorrow, so I'm as ready as I can be for the week ahead. Goodnight!

No comments: