Tuesday, February 22, 2022

so i start a revolution from my bed

I'm quite tired, mostly because I spent too much time the last few days + today doing house things and am now also trying to do my job on top of them. Today's task was to greet the people installing my carpet - I'm getting new carpet everywhere (except the kitchen, bathrooms, and dining room), and this obviously involves moving and re-moving a lot of furniture and other items to make way for the work.

Since I live in ultimate #smalltownlife, getting carpet installed is quite entertaining - I didn't know one of the guys since he grew up in the next county north of us, but the main installer (part of the family that owns the flooring store; I dealt with his sister to pick out the carpet) has lived around here forever. So, while I don't really know him since he was seven or eight years older than me, we know a lot of the same people. I realized that he's probably a good source of gossip overall, since they're one of the only flooring games in town and so he makes his way through many houses in the county. Things were quite chatty in the morning since he was waiting for some bonding agent to dry before putting tile in front of my front entryway, which was fun.

But then I had to get some actual work done, and they got down to business. No actual carpet went in today, but every room except my bedroom and the guest room are re-padded and ready for carpet tomorrow. When they left, I worked until five, and then I quickly cut in paint around the stairs - I'm not ready to paint the staircase, but the carpet goes all the way to the wall without any trim, and it seemed easier to cut in now so that I won't have to worry quite so much about getting all the way to the carpet when I do paint the stairs. The degree of difficulty on this was higher since the lack of carpet means that tackboard is exposed everywhere, which feels precarious - but I got it done, so at least that's over with.

Then [censored] and I went out to our parents' house, where my mom v. generously fed us a roast. And then we came back to my house and I spent the rest of the evening doing various tings around the house and sending a few work emails. And now, I really need to sleep - carpet work is starting earlyish again tomorrow and I have a lot of work to do, so rest is a good idea. Goodnight!

No comments: