Wednesday, February 09, 2022

now we are free

I had a better day today than I did yesterday, probably because I spent the last five hours watching the Olympics. I felt a little melancholy while watching some of it tonight - Lindsey Jacobellis finally won gold after losing it back in the 2006 Torino Olympics when she was so far ahead on a snowboard race that she showboated and lost her balance, which was an amazing redemption story after so many years of work. But I watched most of those Olympics, and several others, with Tammy, who unfortunately passed away in 2020. So, as I was watching all sorts of ridiculous skating commentary tonight, I was certainly thinking of her.

But the Olympics were quite enjoyable tonight - I watched a bunch of snowboarding and the men's free skate, and it was a delight. And I got some work done today, took a nap at some point, and did some laundry, so I feel like I had a good combo of productivity (work) and actual joy (the Olympics).

And now, it's after midnight and I should really sleep - I want to stay up and watch the Olympics all night, but that's probably not the best idea. Goodnight!

No comments: