Monday, February 28, 2022

drink til i'm sideways

I had a nice early morning (blew out my hair with some new product that was quite lovely, picked up coffee from starbucks, journaled, etc). Then, I had a bunch of meetings that gave me a headache, but I paused for a poke bowl to celebrate being back in a city. Happily, Alyssa helped me to make my headache disappear before I picked up Katie for dinner - we were supposed to go to Ash'kara, but Ash'kara had a plumbing issue and canceled our reservation, so we went to The Kitchen instead.

It wasn't as good as our last experience because we had a different server who somehow wasn't as charmed by us and so didn't comp us an after-dinner drink, but it was still a delight - we caught up on a lot of stuff over food + some madeira to cap off the night, and it was lovely. Katie made a v. strong sales pitch for me to stay in Denver forever, and the madeira helped it along - and it is true that Denver has not gotten a fair tryout since almost all of my time in Denver has been spent in a pandemic, interacting with coworkers on video calls via small laptop screens. So, we'll have to see how things are when I'm no longer stuck in my house...

...but that's a story for a different night. Right now, it's only 10:30 but I really want to go to bed and get as much sleep as possible - goodnight!

No comments: