Wednesday, February 16, 2022

model citizen, zero discipline

I just spent the last few hours answering email, which I should really do more often - it's my least favorite work task by far, but if I could make it just a little bit more consistently, I would probably be CEO by now. Instead, I'm not a CEO, and am just curled up on the couch with a blanket and the Olympics. That's probably a better outcome, but the couch could be much nicer if I were a CEO, so idk.

sssanyway. Today was a slog, mostly since I stayed up late last night and then got up early for morning meetings. But I took a break to eat a potato / cheese / pulled pork for lunch, which was absolutely perfect - I just want to eat that all the time. I also took a break because my dad showed up in my driveway, so I talked to him for a bit (and accepted getting a large painting of the round barn pawned off on me - I do actually want it for my house, but it's hard to deny that by dropping the painting off here, my dad avoided having to carry it into his house). Then I walked halfway across town to drop something at the post office - but this is not really that impressive when town is only seven blocks from north to south, so that three blocks was pretty easy (except for the fact that it was cold and windy).

After that, I had one more meeting, and then I made a double batch of chili so that I would have something for supper + something to freeze. Then I watched some Olympics before picking up my laptop and answering email, and now I'm done with screens for the night. Goodnight!

No comments: