Saturday, April 09, 2022

and you think that you never really tried...open your heart, open your mind

I got several things done that I intended to get done today - probably not as much productivity or relaxing as I had intended, but it was all good. I messed around in the morning and did some planning/cleaning, and I also poached an egg to put on last night's leftover potato/chorizo/cheese goodness, which was pretty terrific. And I spent the afternoon cleaning my garage and doing some yardwork - I had a bunch of stuff in the garage that needed to be tossed or recycled, and the floor was desperately in need of sweeping. I also cut the suckers growing up from my backyard trees, which was a good task to get done when it was 75 degrees out today (since Colorado is still more than capable of snowing in the next two months).

Eventually, I folded laundry, took a break, took a shower, and ordered takeout Thai food. Then I spent the rest of the evening procrastinating a bit before doing some writing - I haven't been able to write much the last few weeks, but when I got back into it tonight I had some awesome ideas, so that was pretty exciting. And now I need to go to bed earlier than I went to bed last night, even though my soul wants to stay awake until four a.m. - but my body knows I can't stay up late and hope to get anything done tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: