Sunday, April 10, 2022

i ain't even trippin, i'm not slippin, i just come on back for more

I had a v. nice day, all in all. I got almost nine hours of sleep, which was v. restorative. Then, I made some coffee and wrote for an hour - the ideas that I'm coming up with feel pretty good right now, and I'm guessing they've been percolating beneath the surface even though it feels like I haven't been doing anything writing-related recently.

Eventually, I ate an early lunch and got dressed. Then, I caught up with Terry - we hadn't talked since her wedding, so we chatted for awhile and talked about life and career and all that stuff. I also talked to [censored] for one of our usual quick (aka thirty minute) convos. Then, I ran a couple of errands, including picking up paint chips for the next phase of decorating schemes at my Iowa house + getting a few groceries.

Then I came home, ate some popcorn, and talked to my parents for quite awhile. I was supposed to go home next weekend, but the day job is cramping my style, so I'm pushing it off for a week (but will then be in Iowa for two weeks, which I'm hoping I can use to paint my office and possibly my bedroom if I get super ambitious). So, we caught up for awhile, and while I was talking to my dad I put some sweet potatoes in the oven to roast. After we hung up, I roasted some salmon - it's pretty much the easiest thing I make, and it's delicious every time. I also made some special butter with maple syrup / chipotles / orange zest (easy - just mix it all in the stand mixer for a couple of minutes, along with salt and pepper) - it really tastes great with sweet potatoes. So, supper was easy and also delicious, and my kitchen was cleaned up in a snap.

Eventually, I did a bit of day job work because I had to, and then spent the rest of the evening organizing myself. And now I should go to bed so I can get up at an early hour and still feel reasonably rested - wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: