Friday, April 22, 2022

said i'm living all alone inside a dream

I successfully loaded my car this morning and got to work in time to start my day at my usual time, which felt like a minor miracle. I slogged pretty well until mid afternoon, and then I snuck out to start heading east. I wanted to get to Kearney or Lincoln tonight, but the winds were absolutely insane - there were high wind warnings all along my drive, and I saw trucks in the ditches and other trucks swerving around on the interstate. It was also unpleasant for me to drive in, since the blowing dirt was causing occasional whiteouts/brownouts.

So, I ended up calling it quits at North Platte, since I got here just before dark and didn't want to keep going if visibility got even worse. And that meant I had dinner at Ruby Tuesday instead of living in Cheetos, so that was probably a good call.

Now I need to sleep and hope the wind dies down and also hope I don't get any hail damage from whatever storm will inevitably happen tonight - it was 90+ degrees alongside these 60mph winds, which felt pretty apocalyptic, and the dropping temps are a warning sign for thunderstorms. Wish me luck - goodnight!

No comments: