Friday, April 29, 2022

how did it end up like this

I'm officially done with work for the next eight weeks! I have one more task to do tomorrow and one more email to send, but otherwise I'm completely closed out. This required quite a bit of slogging today, but I'm glad I'm done - I'm so ready for a break, and I'm hoping that break will help my brain to reset after a v stressful period of my life.

So, today was a slog, but I got up early enough to cook some chicken and bacon and boil some eggs and chop some stuff so that I could have a cobb salad for lunch, which was a delight. Lunch wasn't until almost three p.m., which was less of a delight. But I got through all my meetings, sent a million emails, crossed many things off my list, etc.

I took a break for an early dinner in town with [censored] and a friend/former coworker of his who stopped by to say hi - we had met in DC several years ago, so it was nice to see her again. The restaurant was hopping, so it took a little longer than usual, but it was still fast and tasty. Then, I took takeout to my parents' house and said hi to them before coming back to my place, where I ignored [censored] so I could do another couple of hours of work. And then I was done, and I journaled a bit, and now I'm avoiding going to bed even though bed is exactly what I need. So, I'm going to head in that direction - goodnight!

No comments: