Tuesday, April 19, 2022

something just like this

I very nearly didn't go into the office today, but eventually my strong need to do my duty + my strong desire for free eggs and hashbrowns overrode my nearly-equally-strong desire to stay in my sweats and work on my couch. So, I made it into the office with just enough time to grab the aforementioned eggs and hashbrowns (and some bacon) before my first meeting. I then slogged all day before ending around five. And then I emptied my trunk of three packages (to be returned via the mailroom), two bags of shredding (shredding has fallen by the wayside in the panny), and a bag of old electronics equipment belonging to my employer that had ended up in a box of dead plants that was delivered to me from my 'desk'. Given how many keyboards / mice there were, I don't think it was just my desk, but whatever.

Then I drove back to Denver and took myself out for dinner at Blue Pan - I was deeply in the mood for pizza, and it was eighty degrees today, so I was also in the mood for a glass of sauvignon blanc. I managed to get both of my desires fulfilled since there were seats open at the bar, so that was nice. Then I came home and procrastinated for an hour, but eventually I forced myself to take care of some tings.

I'm driving to Iowa this weekend and I'd like to leave after work on Friday, but that means my car needs to be loaded on Thursday, and that feels like an onerous task since I have v. late work tings going on tomorrow and Thursday. But I packed my clothes and some books and some other stuff tonight, so if I had to I could get out of here pretty quickly. It would be better if I could load my car full of stuff that needs to go to Iowa, but I think I would rather get on the road than try to maximize cargo space.

Then, I had to do a bit of day job work, and now I need to go to sleep so I can do this again tomorrow (with less alone time in the evening) - goodnight!

No comments: