Sunday, April 17, 2022

we're running with the shadows of the night

I had a much better day today, probably because there was no time for the Sunday Scaries to sneak in. I slept until nine, then messed around my house, trimmed my bangs, showered, etc. And then I drove south to hang out with Aunt Becky for a few hours. In the beforetimes, Easter was a holiday we typically celebrated at Uncle Mark and Aunt Kathy's, but since neither Aunt B nor I were in Iowa this weekend, we had lunch instead. We hung out in the kitchen for a few hours and caught up on many things, and Uncle B grilled the hamburgers that Aunt B had prepped, and it was all quite tasty.

Eventually, I drove home, and I talked to [censored] most of the way. Then, I talked to my parents for almost an hour and a half - I was actually supposed to be in Iowa this weekend, but life (aka work) got in the way, and I'm not going until next weekend. And then, I quickly got ready and met Katie at the Alamo Drafthouse - we finally saw 'The Lost City', which is basically required watching in Romancelandia. I thought it was excellent - it upheld/played with romance tropes really well, and Channing Tatum and Sandra Bullock are a delight. Also, Daniel Radcliffe excels at acting crazy. And since this was my first movie-going experience in over two years, doing it at Alamo (where I can get a gluten free pizza and a glass of wine delivered to my seat during the move) was an especially nice way to do it.

Sadly, the fun times had to end after the movie was over, so Katie and I parted ways. And now I need to go to sleep so that I can get some work done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: