Saturday, April 30, 2022

you see them long trains runnin' and you watch them disappear

I had an extremely lazy day, which means I accomplished what I planned to do today, which was nothing. I got up around nine and stayed in my pajamas until four, if that tells you anything. But it was a perfect day for relaxing, since it was gloomy outside and I had no obligations.

I did spend some quality time playing with fountain pens and journaling and planning. I also ate a v. tasty Cobb salad. And I did a bit of laundry and other house work, but not enough to feel burdened. I think I'll need more structure for my time off so I don't squander it, but squandering today was fine by me.

Eventually, I showered, ran an errand, and then went to my parents' house. My mom made an excellent roast, which my dad unfortunately couldn't eat due to his ongoing taste bud issues. But [censored] and mom and I enjoyed it, so at least it didn't go to waste. Then I came back to my place, although my trip was more than doubled because I had to wait for a train, which was v. long and moving slowly and so took almost seven minutes to clear the crossing. My house is almost as close to my parents' house as it can be (it's a mile away, but there are v. few houses between here and there), but you have to cross the railroad someplace, so every once in awhile it's a challenge.

Now, though, I should sleep - I talked to [censored] for a bit, and then I curled up in bed with a book called PEAK MIND. I heard the author (a neuroscience professor) on a Brené Brown podcast while driving home last weekend, and since I like neuroscience and also am suffering from some extreme lack of ability to concentrate, I thought this book might be up my alley. So far it's super interesting and I'm also mildly able to concentrate on it, so hopefully it stays good.

And now, it's really time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: