Wednesday, April 20, 2022

good girls justify but I don't

I'm v. unusually writing this from the Hotel Boulderado, where I've checked in for the night because I had a late work engagement and have to be at work early tomorrow and didn't want to drive home in between. I worked from home today, which was a delight, and it enabled me to spend some time after work dealing with three bags of mulch in my garage that had developed a bug infestation. That wasn't glamorous, but it was necessary, and I'm glad I got rid of it before heading to Iowa this weekend.

Eventually, I had to drive to Boulder - dinner was scheduled for eight p.m., which is criminally late after the last two years of early bird specials in my house. However, the quality made up for it - my new boss (a VP) took me and another person to Frasca, which is prob one of the nicest restaurants in Colorado. Unfortunately for me, the seasonality of the menu meant that almost everything has asparagus in it, which not my fave. But the asparagus risotto that I chose for my second course was actually lovely, and I ate around the asparagus that came with my chicken and morels. So, I quite enjoyed it, and it was a v. expensive way the get back on the corporate expense dole after two years without work events 

Then I walked back to my hotel, chilled a bit, and realized I'd be best served by going to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: