Saturday, April 02, 2022

doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

I had a gorgeous day and I am delighted that the fun times will continue tomorrow - two weddings in three weeks is a lot, but also exactly what I want. I had a v leisurely morning, which meant sleeping in and having breakfast at my hotel while journaling (my fave). Eventually, Veronica and Adam picked me up and we drove to Carmel together. We stopped for a late lunch in Moss Landing, where I had some v tasty Cajun fish tacos. Then, we got to Carmel and to our hotel; my room was ready before theirs, and I shamelessly took the opportunity for a nap before getting ready.

Tonight's festivities were a welcome dinner at the wedding venue, which was gorgeous. I'm really excited for tomorrow night because the venue is clearly amazing... but tonight was also a great time. We got there around five and met up with Christie and her husband, as well as Barbara (obviously, since she's the mother of the bride), and had a great time chilling before dinner. Dinner consisted of pizzas made in a bona fide pizza oven; Kristen, having traveled with me for multiple events in the past, made sure that there was gluten-free pizza, which was a total delight. I think that I would have been invited on my own recognizance since I'm friends with Kristen, but being friends with her mom was probably an additional point in my favor.

So, we hung out and it was super fun; eventually, Grace and Brian got there after fighting much traffic, and it was great to see them. Kristen and I also got an extended catch up, which was an honor given that I'm sure I won't get as much time with her tomorrow. Eventually, we had to vacate, so I rode to the hotel with Veronica and Adam, and I got back just in time to catch last call at the hotel bar with Kelly and Jackson. Kelly is the only former coworker here this weekend, and we had much to catch up on, so we took our drinks back to their room and talked for awhile.

And now, I must sleep so that I can do fun things tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: