Sunday, April 03, 2022

blow a kiss, fire a gun

[editor's note: I started writing this last night but crashed before finishing - the wedding was great though!]

I had a fantastic day on the California coast, and I am not at all ready for this to end. It didn't start off fantastic, since I woke up at four and couldn't really sleep after that, but it could have been worse. Eventually, I gave up on sleep and threw on some clothes so I could go to Starbucks. That took all my ambition for the day, but it resulted in caffeine, so I guess I'll take it.

Eventually, I had breakfast with Grace (a delight, since I missed her when I was in SF three weeks ago), and then we went to CVS, which was basically as exciting as anything else post-pandemic since I don't actually think I've been shopping with a non family member in two years (wild). Then I took a nap before hanging out at the pool with V/Adam/Grace/Brian and eating some tasty Vietnamese takeout from the shopping center next door.

The wedding itself was absolutely beautiful, and it was perfectly planned. Kristen looked fantastic, and I can't wait to see the life they build together. [editor's note - this is where I fell asleep last night]

So, more on the wedding - the ceremony was really lovely, and the setting was perfect. The venue felt like a perfectly curated woodland fantasy, with lots of nooks and crannies, and the venue staff clearly knew what they were doing. I hung out with my writer friends + Kelly and Jackson (the only other people there from our formerly-mutual workplace), and I definitely took advantage of the buffet, the dessert bar, the late night french fries, and the various tasty wines.

Eventually, though, it was time to take off, so I came back to the hotel with Veronica and Adam, and then promptly crashed. And now I'm having breakfast before heading to SFO so I can get back to Denver tonight - wish me luck!

No comments: