Thursday, April 14, 2022

echoes in the dark

Today was marginally less exhausting than yesterday - it helped that when I stumbled downstairs to make coffee, I checked my phone and found that my 9am meeting was canceled, which saved my life. That gave me time to get ready in a more leisurely fashion and still get to the office in time to eat breakfast before my first meeting of the day.

Then I slogged all day, but it was not terrible - I didn't have many meetings, so I actually answered a lot of email that had piled up. And I snuck out around three to drive home before my four o'clock meeting so that I wouldn't be caught in rush hour traffic. I did that meeting, then did a bit more work, and then I picked up Katie for a girls' night out. We haven't seen each other in ages because Katie has had a non-covid plague, so we went to Ash'kara and caught up for a couple of hours. We had many tings to discuss, which we continued discussing after leaving the restaurant - and hopefully we'll see each other again this weekend, because we still aren't caught up.

But now, I really need to sleep so I can get through another slog tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: