Monday, September 05, 2022

cover up the sun

I had a good day - I did some journaling/planning, continued reading the book I started last night (STOLEN FOCUS, still excellent), ate some tings, and put together an adirondack chair for my balcony. The chair is v. nice, and I ate my lunchtime salad in it - so far, I'm a fan. And it's a good thing I'm a fan, since I had to attach the back to the chair when it was already on the balcony, and I won't be able to take it off the balcony unless I disassemble it (or use my dad's telehandler lift to get it from the second story).

I then spent the late afternoon making supper - I started with my gram's apple crisp recipe, using apples I pilfered from the Round Barn. It turned out excellently, if I do say so myself. I also prepped the stuff for mongolian beef + a new recipe for roasted carrots/broccoli with a Chinese-inspired sauce, and then I took all the ingredients out to my parents' house and cooked it. Dinner was quite tasty, and I didn't burn myself while searing meat in hot oil, so I'll take it as a win.

Then I came home, cleaned my kitchen, did some online tasks, etc. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: