Wednesday, September 07, 2022

spin that record baby

I should, I suppose, go to bed - I had a v. productive day and I want to keep it up, but it's also twenty minutes until midnight. But today was good - I established care at my new dentist, who is the childlike replacement for the previous very old dentist at that practice (I am, perhaps, misrepresenting both of their ages). The hygienist and the dentist both commented, separately, that they could see the resemblance between me and [censored], which I am assuming is because neither of us ever get cavities and not because we actually look alike. But the visit was good and I left with my teeth sparkling, which I promptly ruined by getting my first Starbucks in a few weeks at the grocery store in that town just because I could.

I also dropped some samples back off to the person who is helping to design my kitchen, and then I stopped at their branch in a different town to price exterior doors (since my exterior doors are in various states of decay). Then I went to my town's city hall to settle some confusion over my garbage bill - after forgetting to charge me for garbage at all for a few months, they started charging me for a dumpster instead of a bin. But it was all settled quickly (by someone I'm cousins with, although that's not particularly relevant), and we'll see if my bill is correct next month. I also dropped some extra moving boxes off at Lorena's house, where I politely declined an offer of meatballs that apparently were not very good, based on Lorena's review of them.

Then I came home, ate a late lunch, took care of a lot of tings, and talked to Alyssa. Eventually, I picked up takeout Mexican food and took it out to my parents' house, where we had a lovely dinner (and a bit of an early birthday for me, since I won't be here this weekend for the actual day). And then I came back to my house, organized some tings related to my trip, took care of other tings, etc.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: