Wednesday, September 14, 2022

send my love to your new lover

I had a really nice day in my former city....it was exactly as lazy as I wanted it to be. I stayed in bed for a bit, and then I went to a nearby Starbucks to indulge in some cold brew and patio time with my laptop. The people watching was especially bougie, since people were talking about real estate deals and trust funds, but I minded my own business.

Eventually, I came back to my hotel, showered, and took an Uber to Katie's, where we ordered poke bowls delivered and had a quick but v necessary catch up. I also visited the peace lily that I foisted upon her when I left town, and it seems to be doing v well, so that was a joy to witness.

Then I had some coffee, came back to my hotel, took a nap, and then wrote at the bar before dinner. At some point, Andy and Nina met me at my hotel - we had originally planned to have dinner elsewhere, but when they found out I was staying in Cherry Creek, they took it as an opportunity to go out here. We had a drink at my hotel (which is almost too hip), then grabbed dinner at a Chinese place where I almost certainly had gluten in the dumplings, but they were definitely #worthit. We did get gluten free noodles with duck, and they were excellent too. And after a bottle + an extra glass of wine there, we went to a dive bar to continue the conversation. We also played a game to guess the ridiculous baby name that a distant acquaintance had given their child, and I'm delighted to say we got it (and I successfully guessed Lyon for part of it), but I can't share the whole thing bc it would be too early searchable and I don't want to get into any drama. But all in all, it was a delightful evening.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: