Thursday, September 01, 2022

while my blood's still flowing and my heart's still beating like a hammer

I had a v. busy day and I'm happy with what I accomplished - we'll see how I feel about my progress tomorrow when I'm able to review it in daylight. When I woke up this morning, I immediately got to work on my bedroom - I wanted to spray the ceiling today, but I had a "hard stop" (as people say at work, although that vocabulary is slipping away from me) at 11:45, which added some time pressure. However, I managed to get it done - it took some additional prep time to seal the last bits of plastic, prep the sprayer, open all the paint, etc. But the spraying itself took less than an hour, and that was even with a major debacle with the spray tip guard that resulted in paint leaking where it shouldn't have leaked (but, as far as I can tell, no damage was done).

So, I sprayed the ceiling, wrapped up the paint and dunked the spray gun in water so that I wouldn't have to clean up immediately, and took a v. brief shower. I was five minutes late for my 'hard stop', but on time enough that I was able to do some [censored] with [censored]. Then, I ran some errands in Des Moines - this was perhaps not entirely necessary, but I need to buy a fridge and a stove, and the Labor Day sales are pretty good. So I did another round of touring Best Buy and Lowes to investigate tings and reexamine other tings, and it was pretty fruitful. I think I'm getting close to making some decisions, but we'll see.

Then I sped home, where I promptly did a bit of minor touching up of the ceiling paint and then removed all the tape and plastic from the walls and baseboards. Overall I think it looks pretty great and I don't think I have much touching up to do, but we'll see how it looks tomorrow. I still have to clean up all the drop cloths, vacuum, and put away all my painting supplies, but the project is close to done and I'm delighted that I'll be able to get my bedroom properly set up soon.

I rounded out the evening with some leftover fish/potatoes/green beans and a bit of procrastination. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: