Monday, September 26, 2022

there's no hand on the lever

I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, because after I blogged I stupidly stayed up until after two reading spoilers for the new game of thrones series (which I have no intention of even watching). This was dumb, but I did come up with an (entirely unrelated) idea for my book as I was falling asleep, so if that somehow spurred some creativity, I'll take it.

So, this morning started later than planned, but I made some coffee and then wrote about my new idea and played around with it a bit. Then I did some tidying in my office before having a training session with Alyssa. After, I ran some errands (and, as usual in small town life, ran into the mom of a former classmate and also ran into a former classmate, so had to exchange some pleasantries). Then I came home, put together some ottomans for my Adirondack chairs that came today, and took a bit of a nap.

My evening was also chill - I made yet another version of a chicken burrito bowl in my instant pot, and this one was finally a winner (didn't burn, had a good flavor profile, rice was cooked but not mushy, chicken was still moist). [Censored] stuck around tonight and so got some benefit from my experimentation...and feeding some to [censored] means I won't have to eat it for every meal this week.

Then I cleaned up, took out my trash, and did some more writing. And I read a bit of BIRD BY BIRD - it's a writing book that I've read before, but it's also required reading for the class I'm taking, and I can always benefit from reading it again and being reminded that writing sucks a lot for just about everyone....but it's worth it.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: