Sunday, September 25, 2022

in anticipation for precipitation stack chips for the rainy day

I spent a lot of today cooking, which was good for feeding myself and others, but bad for other forms of productivity. When I got up, I made some coffee to get myself going, and then I made a frittata with bacon, onions, mushrooms, hash browns, and cheddar. It was pretty much perfect, if I do say so myself. Then I messed around for a couple of hours before making a couple of batches of chocolate chip chewies. The first batch was perfect, but the second batch was bizarre - I used some expired flour, but I'm still baffled why the chocolate chips all seemed to sink to the bottom of the dough. This meant that the top of the cookie didn't look like a chocolate chip cookie, and the bottom is all chocolate and doesn't really form into a crust. Bizarre.

sssanyway, I then took a shower, cut up the first batch of cookies, and packed them up so that [censored] and I could take them to a visitation for [censored]'s friend's grandma, who died last week. I didn't know her, but I know [censored]'s friend, and the friend's mom was one of my favorite teachers back in the day (as well as being in high school with my dad). So, it was nice to go to visitation - I saw a couple of other former teachers there, and it was nice to catch up with the family even though it was under sad circumstances.

Then I came home, roasted some tomatoes, and wrote for an hour or so while they were cooking. I took them out to my parents' place, along with some unusually bland mozzarella, and [censored] and I ate dinner with them. I then spent the rest of the night cleaning the kitchen, hanging out, and doing a tiny bit of writing before deciding to throw in the towel.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: