Tuesday, September 06, 2022

don't you worry don't you worry child

I had a relatively productive day, all in all - I took care of a bunch of online/paperwork stuff that had been lingering on my desk, which was v. necessary. I also unpacked approximately fourteen boxes of books and shoved them all into my library cabinet - I had to double stack everything and the cabinet is overflowing, but at least my box count is down and I'm getting closer to unearthing the rest of my office.

Part of this is motivated by some upcoming travel - I couldn't get to my suitcases or a lot of my clothing, and I also hadn't seen most of my underwire bras in a month. This wasn't something I actually missed, but I suppose summer is ending and winter is coming, and if I'm going to leave the house looking a little less feral, I should have real clothes for those engagements. I did successfully find my bras and almost all my other clothing, and I also found my hair trimming scissors just in time to keep my bangs from overwhelming me. And I did four loads of laundry to freshen up some of the stuff I found, and unpacked several suitcases / totes into my dresser and closet. I am reminded that I have far too much stuff, but that's a problem for Future Sara.

At some point, I ate a salad, and I also did a touch of writing while sitting on my balcony - I'm easing back into the story after basically giving myself August off to settle in, and the easing in is always the hardest part. But I started a new scene that I'm intrigued by, so we'll see where it takes me.

And now, I need to get to bed - goodnight!

No comments: