Thursday, September 29, 2022

but my hand's been broken one too many times

My morning mostly consisted of getting ready and then going to look at flooring again. I'm choosing flooring options for the kitchen/dining room remodel, and redoing the floors in the main floor bathroom at the same time, so I have some incentive to get it right since it's basically the first surface guests see (after the garage, which is basically the main point of entry, and there's no changing that unless I buy the convenience store next door and turn it into a parking lot for my guests so that they can easily come in the front door).

As it turns out, I'm glad I took another look - using the best sample from the previous batch of samples, I chose two different samples to test out, and I think I like both of them better than the previous winner. I also got three samples for the bathroom, all of which seem like they would work just fine. So, hopefully I can decide this weekend so that I can get the stuff ordered and confirm installation. As usual, the woman who runs the business was a bit of a riot, but I felt good about my options, so I'll take it.

Then I came home and did a bunch of stuff around the house. I was supposed to start my online fantasy writing class this afternoon, but I got a call from my dad three minutes before it started saying that their delivery guy had left some wine for me at their house (and forged their delivery signature), but then called my dad to tell him it was there. Since my parents were both out of the house, I decided not to leave my wine to spoil in the sun - in this case, salvaging the wine was more important than showing up to class. Besides, I can watch the recording of the lecture (it's billed as 'flex online' so you can watch whenever, although live participation is encouraged), and also see what I'm getting into before the next lecture, which actually feels just fine with me.

Since I was already out and about, I ran to the grocery store and got some potatoes, and then came home, cleaned my kitchen, and baked one of those potatoes to go with some pulled pork that I had in the freezer. Eventually, [censored] showed up, so we chatted for a bit. And now I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: